Position: Director of Marketing (Chief Marketing Officer. CMO)
Reports To: All members; consultation from Marketing Partner(s)
Carlton directs Big 7 Promotions overall marketing and strategic planning programs, and corporate communications. Facilitate client development through marketing and client services programs.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan for the firm. Support and facilitate development and implementation of section business/marketing plans
2. Plan and administer the firm’s Marketing Operations budget; support development of regional marketing budgets
3. Oversee the Charitable Contributions Foundation. Organize and implement client relations including, client satisfaction surveys, client development activities, client skills training and special events
4. Oversee business development activities including; efforts through Business Development Coordinator, assisting attorneys in strategic planning for client presentations, beauty contests, etc. offer coaching for prospective client meetings, presentations, etc. work with regional offices on designing and implementing prospecting and client contact systems.
5. Oversee corporate communications activities through Communications Coordinator including:
external communications and systems
internal communications and systems
public relations efforts
external vendors and consultants
6. Develop and administer marketing database which includes client and prospect information, mailing list applications, access to financial reports, etc.
7. Design and plan quarterly marketing training seminars.
8. Oversee firm’s electronic marketing efforts including supervision of Web site design and maintenance.
9. Supervise Marketing Assistant, Client Services Administrator, Communications Manager, Practice Development Manager and Regional Marketing Manager(s). Make staffing and hiring decisions within marketing department.